The quests in the West African Examinations Council and National Examinations Council in the Objective tests are very crucial that add value to score at the certificate levels. The only solution to get familiar to them is constant practice to understand them. These 57 selected questions will still help you to get familiar with them.
1. The man _________ missed death during the collision.
2. He runs ________
(a) rather much fast
(b ) rather too fast
(c) quite rather fast
(d) too rather fast
3. There was ___________ enough food to go round.
(b) a little
4. Ngozi _________ comes to see us now.
(a) scarcely never
(b) hardly ever
(c) almost ever
(d) never more
5. That child _________ nearly caused an accident
6. The students did the assignments, but not _________ the way I had expected.
6. The load is _________ heavy for a child of his age to carry.
7. The corrupt bank manager was arrested and convicted ___________
(a) on the long run
(b) at the long run
(c)with the long run
(d) in the long run
8. The dress he wore was ______ appropriate for the party.
9. His idea appears _________ off for people to accept
(b) little so
(c) little too
(d) too little
10. Seun accepted the conditions we gave him _________ for my linking.
(a) quickly too much
(b) much too quickly
(c) too much quickly
(d) much quickly too
11. At eighteen, Bose is ________ to take care of her sister.
(a) enough old
(b) old enough
(c) too old
(d) older enough
12. Obi is ________ troublesome than I had imagined.
(a) much less
(b) the least
(c) more less
(d) very less
13. This is not _________ house in the street but it is certainly bigger than yours.
(a) the biggest
(b) a big
(c) the bigger
(d) the big
14. I find it _________ comfortable to travel by air than by road
(a) much more
(b) quite very much
(c) quite much
(d) very much
15. After he had tried for some time, he realised that all his efforts were going to be
16. Mr Dauda’s two labourer’s work on _________ ways.
17. Mrs Adams purchased _____________
(a) a pure leather bag imported
(b) a leather nag imported bag
(c) an imported bag pure leather
(d) an imported pure leather bag
18. He played __________ than anyone else
(b) more worse
19. Many students find Mathematics ___________ than English
(b) more difficult
(c) very difficult
(d) too difficult
10. The _________ came here last week.
(a) young tall handsome man
(b) handsome tall young man
(c) tall handsome young man
(d) young handsome tall man.
11. Chukwu’s appraisal was one of the _________ in the department
12. He is a very brilliant student. So, it is not surprising that he got a _______
(a) first-class result worthy
(b) worthy first-class result
(c) result first-class worthy
(d) result worthy first-class.
13. The day that Musa’s uncle died was the _________ day of his life.
(b) more sadder
(d) most saddest
14. Moji says she is better than Maths ________
(a) than I am
(b) as me
(c) as I am
(d) than I did
15. This engine is _________ that one
(a) superior to
(b) more superior than
(c) more superior to
(d) superior than
16. I bought my ____________
(a) very first green party dress
(b) very green first party dress
(c) green very party first dress
(d) first green very party dress
17. Of the three girls, Yetunde is the ____________
(b) most tall
18. Of the two boys, Lukman is the ____________
(b) more taller
19. He is _____________
(a) good-for-nothing boy
(b) a good-for-nothing boy
(c) some good-for-nothing boy
(d) an good-for-nothing boy
20. She was a promiscuous ___________
21. He knew __________
(a) that they wanted
(b) if what I want
(c) what they wanted
(d) at where they wanted
22. __________ of the two boys was able to show me the way to the zoo
23. We will leave ________ you are ready
24. Sherifat did not behave ________ her parents’ wishes.
(a) in accordance with
(b) in accordance to
(c) in accordance in
(d) in accordance about
25. Don’t believe all ________ he has told you.
26. Hardly had we arrived __________ he left
27. Neither Adamu_______Musa was at home when Idris arrived.
28. Both Ngozi and Ifeoma promised to attend the party but _______ of them came.
(a) either (b) all (c) neither (d) no person
29. Neither Obi nor Jumoke __________ present at the meeting.
(d) have been
30. The little boy could not move the heavy stone ________ he tried.
(a) as much as
(b) no matter that
(c) however hard
(d) how much
31. Both questions are alternatives; you answer ________ one _______ the other.
(a) neither, nor
(b) both, and
(c) neither, or
(d) either, or
32. __________ had I arrived than I slept
(d) no sooner
33. Both students _________ teachers attend the party.
34. The lady prepared food _________ she couldn’t eat it.
35. Any parents would be pleased _______ such impressive performance.
36. The National Essay Competition came _________on the 23rd July 1986.
37. I want everybody to learn the last ten lines of the poem _________ heart.
38. If she takes ________ her mother, you can be sure of her efficiency
39. Ali said that going________ an operation is not a pleasant experience
40. If pupils will abide _________ school rules, the tone of discipline will improve.
41. The minister says he is accountable ______ the president, and nobody else.
42. _________ normal circumstances, it is rare to get all registered voters to vote.
43. Lekan had tried hard to live _______ to his parents’ expectation
44. The police are ________ the trail of the suspect.
45. I cannot travel in an open car because I am allergic _________ dust
46. If you keep trying, you will succeed ______ the end
47. Everyone must be __________ bed by 9.00pm.
48. Femi was told not to allow pleasure to interfere ________ his dust
49. He sent a card to his parents to congratulate them ________their diamond wedding anniversary.
50. If you want to succeed in life, you have to shake _______ your lazy habits.
51. The pupils are advised not to laugh ________ mad people.
52. It was revealed that the drainage system of the town has been _______ of use since it was constructed.
53. The young man came to Lagos _______ the intention of staying with his friend.
54. The quarrel between the two men soon resulted _________ a fight.
55. Mr Ojo exclaimed
(a)How beautifully they sang!
(b) How beautiful they sang!
(c) How beautifully did they sing!
(d) How beautiful did they sing?
56. Rasidat was very happy and she said, __________
57. Uche gets furious and exclaims
(a) what is an insult!
(b) what insult!
(c) What an insult!
(d) What a insult!