- The man _________ missed death during the collision.
(a) extensively (b) narrowly (c) always (d) amply
- He runs ________
(a) rather much fast (b ) rather too fast (c) quite rather fast (d) too rather fast
- There was ___________ enough food to go round.
(a) scarcely (b) a little (c) almost (d) little
- Ngozi _________ comes to see us now.
(a) scarcely never (b) hardly ever (c) almost ever (d) never more
- That child _________ nearly caused an accident
(a) rather (b) just (c) very (d) fairly
- The students did the assignments, but not _________ the way I had expected.
(a) as (b) so (c) hardly (d) quite
- The load is _________ heavy for a child of his age to carry.
(a) so (b) very (c) much (d) too
- The corrupt bank manager was arrested and convicted ___________
(a) on the long run (b) at the long run (c)with the long run (d) in the long run
- The dress he wore was ______ appropriate for the party.
(a) so (b) more (c) quite (d) most
- His idea appears _________ off for people to accept
(a) little (b) little so (c) little too (d) too little
- Seun accepted the conditions we gave him _________ for my linking.
(a) quickly too much (b) much too quickly (c) too much quickly
(d) much quickly too
- At eighteen, Bose is ________ to take care of her sister.
(a) enough old (b) old enough (c) too old (d) older enough
- Obi is ________ troublesome than I had imagined.
(a) much less (b) the least (c) more less (d) very less
- This is not _________ house in the street but it is certainly bigger than yours.
(a) the biggest (b) a big (c) the bigger (d) the big
- I find it _________ comfortable to travel by air than by road
(a) much more (b) quite very much (c) quite much (d) very much
- After he had tried for some time, he realised that all his efforts were going to be
(a) festive (b) fragnant (c) fitful (d) futile
- Mr Dauda’s two labourer’s work on _________ ways.
(a) alternative (b) optional (C) current (d) alternate
- Mrs Adams purchased _____________
(a) a pure leather bag imported (b) a leather nag imported bag
(c) an imported bag pure leather (d) an imported pure leather bag
- He played __________ than anyone else
(a) badly (b) more worse (c) worst (d) worse
- Many students find Mathematics ___________ than English
(a) difficult (b) more difficult (c) very difficult (d) too difficult
- The _________ came here last week.
(a) young tall handsome man (b) handsome tall young man
(c) tall handsome young man (d) young handsome tall man.
- Chukwu’s appraisal was one of the _________ in the department
(a) worse (b) worst (c) better (d) greatest
- He is a very brilliant student. So, it is not surprising that he got a _______
(a) first-class result worthy (b) worthy first-class result
(c) result first-class worthy (d) result worthy first-class.
- The day that Musa’s uncle died was the _________ day of his life.
(a) saddest (b) more sadder (c) sadder (d) most saddest
- Moji says she is better than Maths ________
(a) than I am (b) as me (c) as I am (d) than I did
- This engine is _________ that one
(a) superior to (b) more superior than (c) more superior to
(d) superior than
- I bought my ____________
(a) very first green party dress (b) very green first party dress
(c) green very party first dress (d) first green very party dress
- Of the three girls, Yetunde is the ____________
(a) taller (b) most tall (c) tall (d) tallest
- Of the two boys, Lukman is the ____________
(a) tallest (b) more taller (c) tall (d) taller
- He is _____________
(a) good-for-nothing boy (b) a good-for-nothing boy
(c) some good-for-nothing boy (d) an good-for-nothing boy
- She was a promiscuous ___________
(a) man (b) woman (c) boy (d) fellow
- He knew __________
(a) that they wanted (b) if what I want (c) what they wanted
(d) at where they wanted
- __________ of the two boys was able to show me the way to the zoo
(a) none (b) any (c) neither (d) some
- We will leave ________ you are ready
(a) whenever (b) while (c) until (d) as
- Sherifat did not behave ________ her parents’ wishes.
(a) in accordance with (b) in accordance to (c) in accordance in
(d) in accordance about
- Don’t believe all ________ he has told you.
(a) what (b) that (c) which (d) there
- Hardly had we arrived __________ he left
(a) so (b) when (c) than (d) that
- Neither Adamu_______Musa was at home when Idris arrived.
(a) or (b) nor (c) and (d) the
- Both Ngozi and Ifeoma promised to attend the party but _______ of them came.
(a) either (b) all (c) neither (d) no person
- Neither Obi nor Jumoke __________ present at the meeting.
(a) are (b) were (c) was (d) have been
- The little boy could not move the heavy stone ________ he tried.
(a) as much as (b) no matter that (c) however hard (d) how much
- Both questions are alternatives; you answer ________ one _______ the other.
(a) neither, nor (b) both, and (c) neither, or (d) either, or
- __________ had I arrived than I slept
(a) hardly (b) when (c) soon (d) no sooner
- Both students _________ teachers attend the party.
(a) or (b) nor (c) but (d) and
- The lady prepared food _________ she couldn’t eat it.
(a) but (b) or (c) and (d) nor
- Any parents would be pleased _______ such impressive performance.
(a) with (b) at (c) from (d) for
- The National Essay Competition came _________on the 23rd July 1986.
(a) out (b) up (c) by (d) in
- I want everybody to learn the last ten lines of the poem _________ heart.
(a) with (b) in (c) by (d) for
- If she takes ________ her mother, you can be sure of her efficiency
(a) up (b) on (c) after (d) with
- Ali said that going________ an operation is not a pleasant experience
(a) over (b) in (c) by (d) through
- If pupils will abide _________ school rules, the tone of discipline will improve.
(a) on (b) with (c) in (d) by
- The minister says he is accountable ______ the president, and nobody else.
(a) from (b) with (c) to (d) by
- _________ normal circumstances, it is rare to get all registered voters to vote.
(a)on (b) with (c) under (d) in
- Lekan had tried hard to live _______ to his parents’ expectation
(a) over (b) on (c) through (d) up
- The police are ________ the trail of the suspect.
(a) in (b) after (c) over (d) on
- I cannot travel in an open car because I am allergic _________ dust
(a) to (b) with (c) by (d) from
- If you keep trying, you will succeed ______ the end
(a) in (b) to (c) by (d) at
- Everyone must be __________ bed by 9.00pm.
(a) in (b) on (c) over (d) inside
- Femi was told not to allow pleasure to interfere ________ his dust
(a) on (b) with (c) over (d) beside
- He sent a card to his parents to congratulate them ________their diamond wedding anniversary.
(a) over (b) on (c) about (d) for
- If you want to succeed in life, you have to shake _______ your lazy habits.
(a) against (b) off (c) in (d) over
- The pupils are advised not to laugh ________ mad people.
(a) on (b) with (c) over (d) at
- It was revealed that the drainage system of the town has been _______ of use since it was constructed.
(a) in (b) outside (c) inside (d) out
- The young man came to Lagos _______ the intention of staying with his friend.
(a) for (b) by (c) with (d) on
- The quarrel between the two men soon resulted _________ a fight.
(a) to (b) towards (c) in (d) into
- Mr Ojo exclaimed
(a)How beautifully they sang! (b) How beautiful they sang!
(c) How beautifully did they sing! (d) How beautiful did they sing?
- Rasidat was very happy and she said, __________
(a) hurrah!! (b) hurrah! (c) hurrah!!! (d) hurrah!!!!
- Uche gets furious and exclaims
(a) what is an insult! (b) what insult! (c) What an insult! (d) What a insult!
- B. 57. B 58. A 59. B 60. A
- D 62. D 63. D 64. C 65. C 66. B
- B 68. A 69. A 70. A 71. D 72. D
- D 74. D 75. B 76. B 77. B 78. B
- A 80. A 81. A 82. A 83. D 84. D
- B 86. B 87. C 88. C 89. A 90. A
- B 92. B 93. B 94. C 95. C 96. C
- D 98. D 99. D 100. A 101. A 102. B
- C 104. C 105. D 106. D 107. C 108. C
109, D 110. D 111. A 112. A 113. A 114. B
- B 116. B 117. D 118. D 119. C 120.
- C 117 A 122. B 123. C